Saturday, March 12, 2011

Adventures at the LaRuDio

My studio is open so you can hear anything anyone else is doing. Yesterday I was working with  my door closed because the bunnies were with me at studio. A man came screaming in the back alley banging on the main barn door, apparently screaming for the guy who fixes bikes in one of the other studios. The bike guy ran across the studio and went out to deal with the screaming man. "Where is my fucking money?! I came for my money! I am going to fuck you up if you don't have it!" The bunnies were so scared they ran and hid, I ran and locked my door just in case this crazy man came in. I couldn't hear what the bike guy was saying to him, but after 5 minutes it was quite. I went out to see if the other girl working in the studio was okay or if she knew what was happening. She was fine, but freaked out as well. The bike guy had left the barn doors to the back alley unlocked and open. I went to see if he was out there, but they were gone. In case the screaming guy came back, we locked the barn doors. We weren't sure if the bike guy was kidnapped or hurt somewhere because he never came back. We weren't sure if we should call the police and report a possible abduction. I decided I would wait to call the non-emergency police number until I left studio to see if the bike guy would come back. (Side note: after living downtown for 6 months, I now have this number programmed into my phone.) Over two hours later he came back, with a girl screaming at him this time saying "she didn't want to get involved." I wanted to ask him what was going on, but when I went out into the common space he was back in his studio. Hopefully he doesn't get desperate enough to break into any of our studios....

No comments:

Post a Comment