Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dolphin with Legs!

I had the strangest custom order request a couple months ago...it was so bizarre that I thought it was a joke. After speaking to them a couple times I figured they were serious so I went ahead a drew their crazy request: a dolphin with legs. Yes, a dolphin with legs. I wasn't sure if he wanted the dolphin to have pants or just look like a dolphin, but with legs so I drew him a few different options. I would normally say no to drawing dolphins, but this was such a strange request and an even stranger background story that I had to do it. He told me it was for his girlfriend who believed that dolphins had legs when they were in the womb and right when they are about to be born their legs become a tail. Not sure how old his girlfriend is, but the story alone made me want to try drawing some dolphins with legs. After sending him my sketches I never heard back from him. I was going through some of my drawings tonight and found them, so I thought I'd post them here. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment